How to search for a PrEP provider
Use this step by step guide to learn how to best search for a PrEP provider on the website OR just click the chat bubble on the right to speak with someone right away!
- Enter your city or ZIP code in the search box.
- Your search results will show PrEP providers sorted by distance. You can adjust the radius of the search through the dropdown menu above the search results.
- Either use the displayed map or scrollable list next to map to find PrEP provider.
- To use map for search: Change the view of the map to display desired rectangle area to search for PrEP provider.
- Click and drag to move the map North, South, East, or West.
- Zoom in to get a closer look if needed. Click the + sign in the bottom right corner of the map.
- Zoom out to expand view if needed. Click the – sign in the bottom right corner of the map.
- To use list for search: The list next to the map features the providers shown in the display map area. Scroll to search for PrEP provider. To view more providers, continue scrolling down to load more to the list. You can adjust the radius, use filters, or sort the results by distance or name.
Click on provider name of interest from the list and the map will zoom in to the selected individual provider showing more detailed information.
After you find a provider:
- When you find a provider, call to make an appointment to get PrEP.
- Tell them if you have insurance or not and if you have insurance, ask if they accept your plan.
- PrEPare for your appointment by reading this handout.
- Give yourself a high-five for being proactive about your health!