in collaboration with
How can we please PrEP you? Check out our list of resources for information and support to help you become a more PrEP-friendly provider. Our state-by-state resources pages also provide a wealth of local, accurate, inclusive, sex-positive PrEP info and tools for you and your patients.
If you are a California PrEP provider and want to add your location to our directory, fill out our form here.
Don't forget to check out our Provider Resources as well!
PrEP Overview - Provider PrEP Educational Training Video
Prescribing PrEP - Provider PrEP Educational Training Video
It is important to remember that the CDC has determined:
People who take ART daily as prescribed and achieve and maintain an undetectable viral load have effectively no risk of sexually transmitting the virus to an HIV-negative partner.
4-page quick-guide for a provider starting a patient on PrEP:
- Pacific AIDS Education and Training Center PrEP Quick guide: PAETC PrEP Primer
Overview of resources for providers interested in prescribing PrEP:
- North Carolina AIDS Education and Training Center: For providers interested in PrEP
- CDC infographic: Any Provider can Prescribe PrEP!
Printable pocket reference card:
- PrEP Pocket Card (1/2 page): San Francisco General Hospital PrEP Essentials Pocket Card
In-depth clinical practice guidelines for PrEP:
- CDC 2014 Clinical Practice Guideline (67 pages): PrEP for the Prevention of HIV Infection in the United States
- CDC PrEP Provider Supplement (43 pages): PrEP for the Prevention of HIV Infection in the United States - Supplement
Synopsis of the clinical data supporting use of PrEP
- PrEP Clinical Study Data Synopsis: Project Inform PrEP Clinical Study Data Sheet
Go-to resource for individual expert clinical consultation:
- NCCC PrEP Warmline: Call for a Phone Consultation - (855) 448-7737 or (855) HIV-PrEP. Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST.