Download the following infographic. (Last updated by PrEP-AP: July 22, 2019)
Online options to access PrEP-AP:
In response to COVID-19, many enrollment sites may offer virtual enrollment services.
PrEP-AP providers include the telemedicine service PlushCare for PrEP care and medications.
To qualify for the PrEP-AP, you:
- Are 12 years or older
- Are a California resident
- Are HIV-negative
- Have an annual adjusted household income that does not exceed 500% of the Federal Poverty Level (12–17yo have no income requirements)
- Not be fully covered by Medi-Cal or another third-party payer
- Are on another person's insurance policy and worry about your confidentiality (apply as though you're an uninsured client)
- PrEP-AP is not used as a determination for public charge because it's funded only with state funds
Kaiser Permanente (KP) members: PrEP-AP is available to members in need of financial assistance with out-of-pocket PrEP costs. As of March 1, 2019 the Gilead copay card is no longer required. KP members can apply at ANY PrEP-AP enrollment site but must see their KP provider for PrEP services and pick-up prescriptions at KP pharmacies. Find an enrollment location .
If you do not qualify for PrEP-AP check out other possible Payment Assistance Programs.